- Access to Passage to Ulu Baram [Mowgli Venture]
- Long Beku Visit (Parang Skillsman Village)
- Historical Long Akah Fort
- U’ong Bilong Waterfall
- Three Sisters Waterfall
- Dam Brothers + San Slide Waterfalls
- Pool & Water Activities
- 4WD Transfers
- Boat Transfers
- Lodging at Village Homestay
- Local Nature Guides
- Full Board Meals
- This attraction / activity excludes
- Personal Expenses
- Air Fares
- This attraction / activity is only available on the selected dates
- 7th – 10th December 2023
- 1st – 4th February 2024
- Attraction / Activity Duration: 4 Days 3 Nights
- It is advisable to arrive at Miri at latest a day before as the tour starts
- Out of Miri: Any flight 5pm onwards on Day 4
- All activities on this tour involve hiking in forest, gravel and river terrains
- Intermediate fitness required
- Not suitable for children under age 12
- Adult Range: Age 13 and above
- Minimum age for this attraction / activity is 13 years old and must be accompanied by an adult
Passage to Ulu Baram (Mowgli Venture)
Explore the jungles of East Malaysia like no other!
Join Mowgli Venture on the search for tall enthralling waterfalls hidden within the Bornean jungles. Expect the most from Sarawak’s natural experiences with a stay and visit in local villages, historial sites and deep jungles with magnificent falls.
Our trip begins from Miri town at a designated meet-up point at 7.00AM. We will start bright and early with some breakfast after which we embark on a 1 hour 30 minutes 4-Wheel Drive (4WD) journey via tarred road to Lapok Town followed by another 3 hours drive on logging roads to our homestay in Long San.
After a hearty lunch in Long San, the real adventure begins! We will travel back in time by hopping on a boat ride like the locals in Sarawak’s inlands travelled since back in the day. We ride a boat along the wide and scenic Baram River towards Long Beku to visit the local Penan skillsman and witness their traditional parang making process. We will then head towards the historical Long Akah Fort which was built in 1929, where many heroic tales once unfolded. The day ends with a ride back to our homestay for dinner where we wind down to prepare for the next day.
Day 2 begins early with breakfast in our homestay before we head off on a short 30 minute 4WD ride to the trailhead of U’ong Bilong, the first waterfall of this adventure. A 45-minute hike later we arrive at this magical fall. Enjoy a refreshing dip in its wide and clear pool with the tall vertical drop above! From there, we will hike towards majestic The Three Sisters Keluan Waterfall. This hike will take almost 45 minutes, where we will arrive at the magnificent triple falls. Here, we will spend a good time to enjoy the falls, take a dip, and have our lunch with a view. The day ends with a drive back to our homestay for dinner as the sun sets.
Day 3 begins after breakfast with a 30-minute river trek from our homestay to the trailhead. Here, we explore the village’s gems: San Slide & Dam Brothers waterfall. We spend the day here doing jumps and enjoying the refreshing pool of water with a BBQ lunch treat right at the falls! Be prepared for loads of fun with some inflatable boats and floats. Before the day gets late, we head back to our homestay just in time for the sunset and settle in on our last night in Long San.
The day starts slow with some breakfast. Travellers can take a stroll into the nearby village for a tour of the local scene along the Baram River. We will spend the rest of the morning packing up before taking one final 4WD ride back to Miri Town to end the trip.
Pick Up / Meet-Up Time: 06.15 AM – 06.30 AM