- Access to Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Breakfast at the summit of Mount Batur
- Entrance Fee to Kintamani Area
- Government tax and Services
- Hotel transfers
- Ubud, Sanur, Seminyak, Canggu, Legian,Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran
- English-speaking guide
- Activity Duration : 10 hours
- Adult Range : Age 11 and above
- Not suitable for children under age 11
- Minimum age for activity is 11 years old and must be accompanied by an adult
Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking
The Mount Batur volcano is located in the Kintamani highlands, on the northeast part of Bali island in Indonesia. It is about 2 hours’ drive from Kuta, Canggu, and Sanur, or about 1.5 hours’ drive from Ubud.
Mount Batur (also known as ‘Gunung Batur’ in Indonesian) is part of an active volcano believed to have formed in a massive apocalyptic eruption about 25,000 years ago.
Almost two dozen eruptions had happened at Gunung Batur since 1804 when recording first started, and it last erupted in 1999-2000.
That sounds scary, but the Indonesian government constantly monitors any signs of impending volcanic activity, so Batur is generally very safe to climb.
Since 2015, UNESCO, Mount Batur caldera as a global geopark for its fantastic volcanic landscapes.
Due to high daytime temperatures, the trekking tours all set off early in the morning. You will enjoy the bonus of catching the sunrise from the top.
Mount Batur sunrise trekking is remarkably popular because you can catch astounding sunrise views from the top of the mountain, usually in a sea of orange clouds.
Whether you are a Hindu or not, a trip to Mount Batur in Bali is a must!. Get picked up from your hotel and embark upon a (super) early morning tour.
Prepare yourself for a challenging climb up steep slopes to reach the 1717 meters peak! While being guided by a professional English-speaking tour guide, pick up fascinating facts about this active volcano!
Once at the top, watch the sunrise over the sleeping island of Bali! Mount Batur offers breathtaking views. This experience is a visual treat like none other. But do not head back already. Stick around for a quick breakfast atop Mount Batur, cooked by your mountain guide using the active volcano’s steam!
On your way back to the hotel, get off at a traditional Bali coffee processing plant to witness how Balinese coffee is made. Gaze out at the tropical plantations, sample some of the local herbal tea, coffee and the unusually-processed Coffee Luwak, the most expensive coffee globally!
You can hike Batur any time of the year, but the very best months are May to November when there’s less rain, and the mountain visibility is best.
01.30 AM – 02.30 AM Pick up from your accommodation
03.45 AM Arrival at the starting point of Toya Bungkah village
06.15 AM Arrival at the summit of Mount Batur Bali (sunrise point)
07.00 AM Continue to trek around the entire crater of Mount Batur
08.00 AM Begin the descent to the finishing point of our trek (Toyabungkah village)
09.00 AM Arrival at Toya Bungkah village and head to Balinese Coffee plantation
10.00 AM Stop off at a Balinese Coffee plantation
11.30 AM Depart from the coffee plantation and head back to the hotel
What to Bring / Travel Tips :
- You can wear strapped sandals or shoes, though having your feet covered is much preferable for safety and comfort
- Wear comfortable T-shirt and shorts / long pants
- Warm jacket
- Backpack for your belongings
- Towel, insect repellent, sunblock lotion, and camera (at your own risk)
Prohibitions & Limitations :
- Women are not allowed to climb up the Volcano if they are pregnant or during their menstruation period, due to Hindu religious reasons
- Know your limits and capabilities, you should be considered physically fit to take part in this activity
- Not suitable for people who have heart problem, asthma
Additional Information :
- The itinerary is subjected to weather conditions
- Rest assured that you will be accompanied by experienced facilitators and guides throughout the way in case you are in need of any assistance
Hotel Pick-Up : 01.30 AM – 02.30 AM