- Access to Batik Workshop By Batik Boutique
- Tumblers Insert
- Tea Towel
- Craft Equipment – Tools, dye, and materials
- English-speaking guide
- The minimum booking for this attraction / activity is 2 pax
- Please contact the attraction at least one (1) week before to schedule your visit
- Contact information will be provided in your e-Ticket
- Attraction / Activity Duration: 4 hours
- Not suitable for children under age 12
- Adult Range: Age 13 and above
- Minimum age for this attraction / activity is 13 years old and must be accompanied by an adult
Batik Workshop By Batik Boutique
Well, at least dip your fingers in dye. Nonetheless, take a chance and explore the process of Batik and create your patterns and designs in the Batik Workshop By Batik Boutique, where you will bring home your own personalized Batik Boutique product at the end of the session.
In simple terms, Batik is the art of decorating cloth with wax as a resist method. Derived from the Javanese words amba (to write) and titik (dot), batik is an old art form loosely translated to dot.
While some have even translated it as wax writing or drawing with a broken line, batik is a crafted fabric that needs to undergo the delicate and repeated process of waxing, dyeing and boiling. Wax is used as a means of colour blocking in the colouring process. Every part of the fabric that remains untouched by a specific colour has to be covered with wax.
The Batik Workshop By Batik Boutique is a fun way to relax and explore your inner artist. Choose from a tea towel, a tumble insert or to make a journal cover.
Each Batik Workshop By Batik Boutique begins with an introduction to the art of making batik. Followed by hands-on time for creative exploration. The workshop takes you through the production process and concludes with creating your unique Batik Boutique products you can take home and enjoy.