Beat the Malaysian heat, with some amazing recipes to quence your thirst!
Nothing screams summer louder than using popsicles in place of ice cubes in this refreshingly fun mango-strawberry lemonade.
- 4 c. lemon-lime soda
- 4 c. lemonade1
- (12-oz.) can seltzer
- 1 c. sliced strawberries, plus more garnish
- 2 mangoes, cubed, plus more for garnish
- 3 Popsicle Strawberry Fruit Pops
- 3 Popsicle Mango Fruit Pops
- In a large pitcher, stir together soda, lemonade, seltzer, strawberries, and mangoes. Pour into glasses and garnish rim with a strawberry and mango slice. Place a popsicle in as garnish.
This refresher is the perfect fruity and bubbly treat for a hot summer day.
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 very ripe peaches
- 2 litre Seltzer
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, bring 1 cup water, sugar, and ginger to a gentle simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove simple syrup from heat, cover, and steep for about 30 minutes.
- Over a medium bowl, pour syrup through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing minced ginger against the sieve with the back of a spoon to extract flavour. Discard ginger. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Evenly distribute peach slices among 8 tall glasses. For each glass, lightly press peaches with the back of a wooden spoon to release their juice. Pour about 2 tablespoons of chilled syrup over peaches. (Store remaining syrup in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.) Add ice cubes; then top with seltzer. Stir to distribute syrup, peach juice, and seltzer evenly. Garnish with 2 mint leaves.
Strawberry Limeade Slushies
Whip out your blender, and you’ll have a delicious and fresh summer drink in minutes.
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries, washed & hulled
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 fresh strawberries
- lime slices
- Place everything in a large blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour into 4 cups. Garnish with a fresh strawberry and lime slice, if desired. Serve immediately.
Kiwi Lemonade Spritzer
One sip and you’ll fall in love with this unique drink that perfectly balances sweet and tart flavors.
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 6 kiwis
- 2 c. lemon juice
- 1 c. water
- 1-litre bottle seltzer water
- lemon and/or kiwi wedges
- Purée the sugar and kiwi in a blender until smooth.
- In a 1-quart container, stir together the lemon juice and water. Add the kiwi purée and stir. Chill until very cold.
- To serve, pour 1/2 cup of the kiwi mixture into each of 8 tall glasses. Fill with ice and add roughly 1/2 cup seltzer water to fill the glass. If you like, spike a lemon and/or kiwi wedge on the rim of each glass.
Sparkling Thyme Lemonade
Fresh thyme is an easy way to upgrade lemonade and delight your grown-up palette.
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 3 c. Club Soda
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Add thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer (do not stir) until sugar dissolves, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool completely; remove thyme.
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice and cooled syrup. Add soda and serve over ice