- Hotel transfer with tour guide (only within Puerto Princesa City)
- If a hotel location is outside the city, surcharge is incurred
- Note that hotels in Sabang are part of Puerto Princesa but incur extra fee as it is 2 hours away from the city center
- Transportation for duration of the tour
- Lunch buffet
- Government Permit & Environmental Fees
- The minimum booking for this tour is 2 pax
- You are not allowed to just go to the underground river and redeem it there
- The underground river requires government permits to enter the cave. Therefore, the tour operator needs to process the government permits before your arrival
- For Underground River with Ugong Rock Caving & Zipline, it is not advisable for children below age 11 to join. It is more suited for age 12 and above
- Child Policy:
- Child age 1 – 3 years is not allowed to enter cave, a guardian/parent need to accompany the child outside the cave
- Children of any age are not allowed for zipline activity
- FREE for children under one (1) years old
- Children over eight (8) years old share the same rates as adults
- Please contact the operator at least three (3) days before to schedule your trip
- Contact information will be provided in your e-Ticket
UNDERGROUND RIVER TOUR WITH UGONG ROCK CAVING & ZIPLINE
Seems like the main tour destination in Puerto Princesa, Philippines is the world’s navigable Underground River – Its spectacular rock stalactites and stalagmites formation has made it to be among the Unesco World Heritage Site, and is awarded as a RAMSAR site. With such an impressive formation, it’s no surprise that it is known as one of the 7 Wonders of Nature.
Being a part of this Underground River with Ugong Rock Caving & Zipline promises you a rewarding physical adventure. An interesting fact to know is that even though the Underground River is called an underground river, the river is actually above sea level. It empties into St. Paul’s Bay. Hence, the National Park is sometimes referred to as the St. Paul Underground River.
When the boat ride in the Underground River begins, enjoy a fully narrated ride as the enthusiastic boat driver highlights the unique formations that you come across on the river. Listen in awe as he regales you with tales of the Cave and with his headlamp, offering some shadow puppet interpretation along the way. As you go in farther and your eyes adjust to the dark, you’d be blown away by the amount of bats residing inside the cave. Admire the impressive stalactites, stalagmites, and incredible rock formations around you. It’s an incredible opportunity for you to learn how unique of an ecosystem it is.
Adding more thrill in your Puerta Princesa adventure, advance with a caving adventure at Ugong Rock in Sitio Sabang. The site is maintained as a community-based tourism project for the locals. Where the Underground River feels like a piece of history and an educational adventure, Ugong Rock comes across very much like a tourist attraction. Over the past few years, the extensive cave system in Ugong Rock has been transformed by the locals into a popular attraction including caving and zip-lining with history and geology. So it is definitely a ton of fun to explore this place especially with the available activities for the adventurous.
Upon arriving at Ugong Rock, a welcome briefing is conducted – A brief video explaining how the area was discovered and how it is being maintained by the community plays and you are to watch it. After the video, you will sign waiver forms for the zipline experience. The zipline can be done in two positions; sitting down or superman position. Honestly, go for the latter, you won’t regret it for anything.
So the caving adventures in Ugong Rock begins! Ugong Rock features some narrow squeezes – You will traverse several wooden platforms and climb wooden ladders. To reach the view deck at the top, which is the dropping point of the zipline, one will have to navigate the winding passageways through the Ugong Rock. At one point, you will have to scale the wall of the cave to get up.
Having maneuvered around for a while and then finally reaching to the top makes it worthwhile once you see the incredible view. How do you go down, you ask? The answer is zipline. Have a blast flying like Superman across the rice fields – a highlight of this city! The zipline experience itself provides enough thrill on its own. Claiming to be the fastest zipline glide in the country, the gliding lasts approximately 20 seconds. So fast you won’t even realize once you’ve reached the ground.
Frankly speaking, when it comes to experiencing nature, the caves in Palawan are such hidden gems and you will find yourself pleasantly surprised by how much nature has to offer to us.
Pick-up time starts from 7.30 AM – 08.00 AM; Tour Operator will give you a call for the exact time of pick-up at least a day before the tour