WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Hotel Transfer within Terengganu town
- English speaking (basic only) Driver / Guide
The Terrapin Conservation Centre is all about observing and learning of the conservation efforts done for the “Batagur Baska”
The Terrapin Conservation Centre is all about observing and learning of the conservation efforts done for the “Batagur Baska”, a Northern River Terrapin that is one of the three rarest turtle species in the world. It is one of the best places for researchers and students to work on their experiments or surveys of the turtle species.
Some 1,300 eggs are collected from three conservation sites between January and April every year. The centre keeps about 1,350 animals at any one time and releases an average of 600 each year. Since the programme started, about 10,000 young river terrapins have been successfully released into the Terengganu River.
Sekayu Waterfall is a tropical rain forest that is surrounded by the green forest with fresh, cool water. Dip yourself in the deep waters and have a great time with your loved ones. Enjoy walking through the forest filled with tropical fruits of various types – you can even taste some of it, just make sure to check with your guide first. Take note that some of the fruits are seasonal and won’t be available all year long.
- 11:00 am – Meet at hotel lobby or meet up point and transfer to Terrapin Conservation Centre
- 12:00 pm – Depart to Sekayu Waterfall
- 1:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:45 pm – Jungle trekking through the tropical rain forest to the top of Sekayu Waterfall
- 4:00 pm – End of Tour and return to Hotel