- Hotel transfer with tour guide (only within Puerto Princesa City)
- If a hotel location is outside the city, surcharge is incurred
- Note that hotels in Sabang are part of Puerto Princesa but incur extra fee as it is 2 hours away from the city center
- Transportation for duration of the tour
- Lunch buffet
- Government Permit & Environmental Fees
- The minimum booking for this tour is 2 pax
- Please contact the operator at least three (3) days before to schedule your trip
- Contact information will be provided in your e-Ticket
- FREE for children under two (2) years old
- Children over eight (8) years old share the same rates as adults
- Surcharge applies for hotel pickup outside Puerto Princesa City
- Recommended to Bring:
- A change of clothes and towels
- Swimming attire
- Sunscreen and mosquito spray
- You can bring your own snorkeling equipment or you can rent snorkeling equipment from a number of stalls on the islands
PUERTO PRINCESA CITY UNDERGROUND RIVER TOUR
Being named a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Puerto Princesa City Underground River showers you with unforgettable memories of the natural wonders of the Philippines.
Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, or commonly called Puerto Princesa Underground River by the locals, is in the town of Sabang, 80 kilometers away from the city of Puerto Princesa. It is one of the top travel destinations when traveling to the Philippines. It would be a sin to leave Palawan without dropping by.
The clear blue-green waters, with the calmness of the surrounding nature, will be the perfect nature escape for you to get yourself lost in. So why not leave the bustling hustle city sounds and smoke, and immerse yourself in the quiet wonders of this Underground River?
Give time to yourself to enjoy this day tour to this iconic location. The breathtaking views of the greens and blues around you will make you more relaxed. Also known as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, this cave is one of the longest navigable rivers in the world.
Your day to this exciting location will begin in the morning. With an early morning pick up, you will be driven to Sabang Wharf. From here you will be transferred to the Underground River National Park by boat. Along the way, be amazed by blue skies, white cotton clouds, and the fresh sea breeze. The boat ride will end on a white sandy beach. Here you can enjoy your time on the beach, sunbathing, having a coconut or two, or just feeling the wind in your hair.
Getting to the Underground River National Park is a whole different story. Walking towards a pier, there are smaller paddle boats that are used to enter the cave. The serenity of the landscape that surrounds you will be more than enough to leave your jaw-dropping. Be sure to pack your camera, you would not want to miss out on this beautiful cave. The cave is 8 kilometers long. Along the way be in awe of the stalactites and stalagmites, but you will also be amazed at the emerald green river that is fringed by the stunning limestone formations along the forest.
This location is not merely the access to the river: it’s also a national park that is a haven for local and some endemic wildlife in the Philippines, and famous as a bird-watching site. Fun to know, audio guides with headsets will be provided to you on the tour. This is so that tourists can minimize human sounds inside the cave. So be prepared to expect a quiet yet enchanting tour. The insides of the cave are pretty dark. You will only have the light source from the tour guide and other camera flashes. However, you can still see the dark green waters, calm and quiet.
The tour ends with an amazing lunch spread. But who would be satisfied with lunch after all that amazing natural wonder? This experience will leave you feeling fresh from all the stress of the city tours and sounds. Leave all your stress as you end your tour at the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park.