- Hotel pick up and drop off from within Delhi.
- Sightseeing by private air conditioned car with chauffeur.
- Private tour guide.
- Tuk-Tuk ride along the streets of Chandni Chowk.
- Complimentary water bottles and umbrellas.
- Pick up: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Drop off: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm | 7 days a week.
- Akshardham and Lotus Temple will be closed on Monday, so you will be taken to Birla Temple and Iskcon Temple.
- Free entrance for children below fourteen (14) years, but please consider vehicle seating limits.
- This is a private tour – your group will have its own private transport, driver and guide.
- Additional services, extra meals, tips and gratuities are not included in this package.
- Jama Masjid charges INR 300 per camera to be allowed inside the premise (not included in this package).
- You must remove your shoes and socks in the temples and places of worship.
- For your own safety, kindly stay close to your guide at all times and follow their instructions.
- Beware of pickpockets in crowded areas and pay attention to your mobile phones, camera, wallets and other belongings.
- This tour is NOT wheelchair friendly.
PRIVATE DELHI TEMPLES & SPIRITUAL TOUR
Enjoy a full day excursion to the most renowned sacred sites in Delhi inclusive of a tuk-tuk ride with the assistance of a private live guide and chauffeur. This will be a destination of peace for your mind, body and soul. Delhi, the City of Spirits will be yours to discover.
You will begin your journey by gathering at a confirmed pick-up spot in Delhi, India in a comfortable air-conditioned car. The first attraction stop would be the 17th century ‘Jama Masjid’ (Jama Mosque), also known as the ‘world-reflecting mosque’. This magnificent architecture is said to be built with the best mixture of marble and limestone during the Mughal Empire. You will see the building’s great gates, and the three domes on its terrace which are surrounded by two minarets. Naturally, you will be able to explore more of the architectural wonders of this mosque and given more insight by your private tour guide.
Moving on, you will then proceed to The Chandni Chowk (Moonlight Square) on a tuk-tuk (India’s motor or auto rickshaws). Known as one of the oldest and busiest markets in the heart of Old Delhi, India, you can see a huge crowd walking around the markets. These markets will be full of spices, dried fruits, silver jewelries, and vibrant saris. Interestingly, this Indian market was best known for its silver merchants. Some narrow side streets will be crowded with small shops selling essential oils, stationary, and traditional Indian sweets. Essentially, what’s India without crowd and spices?
After all the hustle and bustle, the tour continues, and you will head to a Hindu temple called Swaminarayan Akshardham (Akshardham). Recognized as a spiritual-cultural campus in Delhi, India, you will find that this temple exhibits an era of traditional Hindu and Indian in terms of culture, spirituality, and architecture. This temple will impress you with its sculptured stone figures of India’s sages, monks, Acharyas and divine incarnations – if you’re in luck, you will see an 11 feet high statue of Lakshmi Narayan and other statues of Shiva Pavarti, Radha Krishna and Sita Ram. Within the Akshardham temple complex, also lies an exquisite garden in the shape of a lotus.
To continue the journey, you will visit Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, a famous Sikh shrine that offers vegetarian food based on its Lungar tradition – one that expresses the ideals of equality, sharing, and the unity of all humankind. This prominent Sikh house of worship in Delhi welcomes everyone, regardless of denomination. You will have a lunch break before heading to the Lotus Temple, India’s 21st century Taj Mahal. As its name states, the building is designed with marble-clad ‘petals’ to resemble a lotus. This temple has also received a wide range of attention in professional architectural, fine art, religious, governmental, and other venues that it won’t be a surprise if it leaves you visually impacted.
Last but not least, you will pass by The Presidential House – known to be the second biggest after Quirinal Palace in Italy and ‘India Gate’, India’s war memorial. With some sightseeing, that concludes the Delhi Temples and Spiritual Sites Tour. You will be driven back to a hotel or an airport following your preference. Take a chance to be live a little and end this trip, inspired and fulfilled. We hope that you will give yourself a lifetime to experience the spirituality of Delhi, India.