WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Tour Guide
- Light meals and refreshment
KENONG RIMBA PARK
ABOUT KENONG RIMBA PARK
If you’re looking for a holiday off the beaten track, here’s one that will take you right into the deep mysterious heart of wilderness. A nature trip into unknown country untouched by civilization. Discover caves with bats and subterranean rivers, camp overnight beneath a tropical canopy and to the humming of cicadas, and the soothing noise of the deep jungle, fish, swim and bump into the massive white-trunked Tualang, the tallest tree in Asia’s rainforest. Then come back with the new sense of the wild side in you and get to see the world in a fresh new light.
ABUNDANT FLORA & FAUNA
Heighten your senses as you traverse the forest and see if you can identify the myriad unique species of flora. Exotic and sometimes rare genuses of orchids ding and thrive on the mammoth trunks of trees like a big brother caring for a sibling.
Many of Kenong‘s caves remain undiscovered and unexplored despite the numerous expeditions launched into the area over the years. lt is such state of pristineness that makes spelunking in the area a very attractive proposition, given the fact that the interior of the caves may change from time to time due to the ravages of weather.
GUA BATU TINGGI
Kenong Rimba Park is home to a variety of exotic orchids, Gua Batu Tinggi is one of the most popular caves in Kenong Rimba Park. The boat-Iike interior is a sight to behold. Its proximity to other caves makes a visit worth the effort. Legend has it that the dug out shape of Gua Batu Tinggi was formed when a boat carrying the King‘s messenger along Kenong River from Pekan was turned into stone.
USEFUL TIPS FOR VISITORS
- The weather in Kenong Rimba Park is generally hot and humid all year round. The temperature ranges from 25°C to 33°C.
- Most appropriate clothing for the jungle are loose fitting cotton long sleeved shirts and long pants to help keep the insect at bay.
- A jacket or cardigan is handy for early morning excursions.
- Wear comfortable boots or sneakers.
- Bring along a torchlight for cave explorations.
- Insect repellent and first aid kit are recommended.
- ‘Take nothing but photographs leave nothing but footprints’. All visitors are reminded to preserve and must not harm Kenong flora and fauna.
- Please keep litter and noise pollution to the minimum.
- Please bring along swimming attire if you wish to participate in water sports such as swimming, rafting and etc.
- If you are a keen bird watcher, a handy binocular is a must!
- 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, daily
- Please be at Kenong Rimba Park Tourist Information Centre by 8:30 am