- Hotel Transfer within Langkawi
- 8 seater speedboat with rooftop
- Private kelong for up to 8 persons
- Life Jackets
- Each session is catered for a maximum eight (8) persons
- Minimum of four (4) adults required to confirm booking
- Not suitable for children under twelve (12) years old
- Please contact the attraction at least two (2) days before to arrange your hotel pickup or meet up point
- Contact information will be provided in your e-Ticket
- Trip Hours: 6:30 pm – 8:30 am | 7 days a week, including school & public holidays
OVERNIGHT FISHING on Private Kelong
The kelong you will find in Langkawi was built and is managed by the Fisheries Department of Langkawi. While traditionally constructed with wood, you will find this one with a concrete building that can accommodate up to 15 people. For this tour, the speedboat allows a maximum of 8 person, ensuring a more comfortable (speedboat is an 8-seater) experience for everyone. There is also a small simple room where you can rest if required. There is no food provided for this tour, so it is advised to bring along your own packed food and drinks for dinner, breakfast and snacks.
Fishing on a kelong, gives you much more freedom and relaxation compared to fishing on boats. Rods are provided as part of the tour, but you may bring your own too. The ability to fish throughout the quiet night gives you better catches and higher quality of fish, especially using live baits. Live baits like shrimps and squids will be provided (subject to availability) to ensure the best catches. Expect to catch groupers, snappers, barracuda, mackerel and even stingrays.
Having an experienced angler in your group is advised to assist in helping guests to bait hooks, remove hooks from fish, tie new lines, remove stuck lines, etc. If required, an experienced guide can be arranged for an additional charge RM 120 per boat (to be paid at the venue).
- A minimum of 4 adults is required to start the session
- It is compulsory to wear life jacket at all times during the tour
- Not suitable for children under 12 years old
- We only engage experienced taikong or boatman who are well versed on good fishing spots around the area
- It is advisable to hire a guide to assist in helping guests to bait hooks, remove hooks from fish, tie new lines, remove stuck lines, etc. for an additional charge of RM 120 per boat
- All fishing trips are inclusive of free return hotel transfers to the jetty (hotel – jetty – hotel)
- Arrangements can be made to send your catches to a local restaurant to be cooked for your dinner
- Frozen packed fish can be arranged, if you wish to take your catch back home after your vacation
- Trip is subjected to suitable sea conditions for better haul/catches.