- Admission ticket to Cable Car with Standard Gondola
- Admission ticket to 3D Art Gallery
- Admission ticket to SkyRex
- Admission ticket to SkyDome
This ticket skips the purchasing queue . To skip the boarding queue, Get the Express Lane tickets instead.
Prefer something more exciting? Get a Glass Bottom Gondola and see the hills under your feet as you soar to the top.
- Langkawi Cable Car has revised its prices due to the recent Entertainment tax beginning Sept 2019
- Free entrance for children under two (2) years old
- This attraction is fully wheelchair accessible
- Opening Hours: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm | 7 days a week, including school & public holidays
- Last admission: 1 hour before closing time
4 in 1 LANGKAWI CABLE CAR SKYCAB COMBO
A leading blog has described the ride on the Langkawi SkyCab as “lifting travellers to dreamlike views of the legendary island, which is located in the northwest coast of Malaysia and near the Thailand border.
“At the top (is) a Malaysian landmark, the pedestrian SkyBridge, which swoops over the untouched jungle and ranks among the world’s longest curved suspension bridges.” The Langkawi SkyCab is one of only two cable car operations in Asia which made it into the world’s top 10 list, apart from the Ngong Ping 360 on Lantau Island, Hong Kong.
The Langkawi Cable Car, also known as Langkawi SkyCab, is one of the major attractions in Langkawi Island, Kedah, Malaysia. It provides an aerial link from the Oriental Village at Teluk Burau to the peak of Gunung Machinchang, which is also the location of the Langkawi Sky Bridge. The total length is 2.2 km, with a journey time from the base to the top of around 15 minutes. It was officially opened in 2003.
Langkawi Cable Car is located just north of Telaga Harbour, Pantai Kok, with the entrance within ‘Oriental Village’ at the foot hill of the Mat Chincang mountain range. It is located to the north-west of the Langkawi International Airport, on the west coast of the main island of Langkawi. It is approximate 30 minutes drive from Kuah town and 15 minutes drive from Langkawi International Airport.
- Base Station – The Base Station is located at the Oriental Village, a theme shopping centre housing 30 individually designed buildings showcasing Malaysian and Oriental architecture. From this base, visitors can take the ride to the Machincang range via the Langkawi Cable Car on gondolas. The SkyDome, a 360-degree panorama screen dome theatre located at the Base Station, offes visitors free viewing while they are waiting for their ride on the Cable Car. The gondolas arrive at the station around every 30 seconds. The SkyDome entrance comes inclusive with all types of SkyCab tickets.
- Middle Station – An intermediate Cable Car station on the eastern ridges provides access to the eastern cliffs with its 3 vertical chimneys and the 360-degree views. The gondolas make a 45-degree turn at this “angle station” to reach the top. The journey from the Base Station to Middle Station covers 1,700 meters in length. The Middle Station is at an elevation of 650m above sea level, visitors can alight at the station and walk up to the viewing platform, or continue to travel on the gondolas for another 450 meters up to the Top Station.
- Top Station – There are two circular viewing platforms at the top of Gunung Machinchang, which are both a short walk up the stairs from the top station and offer 360° views. The top station is located 708m above sea-level is about 5°C cooler than the lowlands.The ride afford a view of the surrounding forest, the Telaga Tujuh (Seven Wells) waterfall, as well as the sea. From the top station there is an access route to the Langkawi Sky Bridge.
- There are two viewing platforms at the top of Machincang mountain, and an access point to Langkawi Sky Bridge (ticket to access the SkyBridge is not included and can only be purchased at the hill top counter). The unique SkyGlide can be used to reach the SkyBridge easily.
- There is a 2.5 km walking trail, the SkyTrail, through the forest from the top station that goes down to the middle station, and then the Seven Wells (Telaga Tujuh) waterfall, although walking unguided through the trail is not advisable as the trail is not well-maintained and there is a risk of getting lost. Pre-arrangement with a naturalist guide is necessary.
- Top Station is a twin-viewing platforms where you can catch the cooling breeze and enjoy superb 360-degree panoramic views over Langkawi and the surrounding area, including parts of the neighbouring country, Thailand.
- BONUS ATTRACTION – 3D ART GALLERY: We are pleased to introduce the ART IN PARADISE (3D Art Gallery) international brand to you in the beautiful island of Langkawi, Malaysia. The museum was custom built to exhibit our artworks of various sizes beyond your imagination – which now represents the largest 3D Art Gallery in Malaysia and one of the largest in the world.
- BONUS ATTRACTION – THE SKYREX: Hold on tight in this 6D motion adventure where you’ll see, hear and FEEL all the action, as you journey through a thrilling dinosaur park. You may just run into a 50 foot T-Rex!