- Hotel Transfer within Kota Kinabalu
- Light refreshment
- Helmet, riding gloves, and face mask
- English-speaking guide
- Community Development Contribution (CDC) – RM 10 from each order will be contributed towards supporting local Kiulu villages
- Participants need to be 18 years old and above with a valid car / bike drivers license
- Minimum of two (2) pax required to confirm booking
- Pick-up point: Kota Kinabalu Airport or any hotel within Kota Kinabalu
- Quad-Bike tour is subject to cancellation in the event of adverse weather conditions. If the tour cannot be held due to safety reasons, a substitute tour, postponement or a full refund will be offered
- Pillion / Passenger option (passenger can be below 18 and does not require a valid license) is possible subject to availability of 2-seater Quad-Bike. Additional charges may apply and to be paid directly at the attraction.
- Please have ready a photo, scan copy or the original license itself when asked so that Borneo Quad-Biking can verify that you are allowed to drive the Quad-Bike
- Things to bring: Please wear long-sleeve shirts and pants, shoes (no sandals or flip flops), sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle, change of clothes for the return journey and camera
KIULU QUAD BIKING
Half Day Kiulu Quad-Biking
Nestled in Tuaran district of Sabah (Malaysian Borneo), lies Kiulu Valley. Aptly referred to as the “Valley in the Mist” and with a population of only around 2,000 people, Kiulu Valley is a haven for nature and outdoor lovers.
There’s simply no way you can possibly run out of things to do in Sabah, especially when it comes down to biking. Feel the cool breeze as you ride along scenic paths in Kota Kinabalu. Nothing quite like a guided scenic adventure with Kiulu Quad-Biking where you can unleash your sense of adventure, relish nature, and meet with the Sabah locals.
Be welcomed by the sights of Kiulu’s paddy fields where its silence is broken only by the calls of the native Borneo animals and the soothing sounds of water rushing through the streams. Experience nature as you ride past small riverside villages, home of the Dusun ethnic group, green jungles, lush plantations, and local farms. All this adrenalin-filled adventure needs is you and your adventurous spirit. With some twists and turns, going up and down the hills, you will be mastering the quad bike in no time.
Full Day Kiulu Quad-Bike
Start an exciting adventure early in the morning to Kiulu Valley Hub after a pickup from your hotel. With a quick safety briefing and a photo session, you shall head off to one of the villages where its locals will regale you with stories of the village’s legendary Tempayan (traditional crock). Stay refreshed under the tropical sun with the sweet local drinks, then sample the stingless bee honey, all while being entertained with an exciting traditional Silat performance. Then embark on a two-hour guided scenic quad bike ride, passing through several villages and beyond with splendid views of paddy fields, plantations, forests and the iconic Kiulu River along the way.
Along the way, you will then step into another local village. Get your hands busy with the cultural activities together with the local villagers. Cultural activities such as fire-making, playing of traditional musical instruments, traditional traps setting, pipe-blowing and slingshot demonstrations are just one of the many activities you can experience.
Then make way to the Bamboo Hut, a secluded home situated in a beautiful waterfall garden, where you relish a delicious lunch specially prepared by the local family there. After your meal, you will return to Kiulu Valley Hub via quad bike. If time and weather permits, you can even take a dip in the sensationally cooling Kiulu River – no doubt a welcome and refreshing experience given your day-long ride under the tropical heat. In the late afternoon, bid farewell to wonderful Kiulu as you depart back to Kota Kinabalu city.
Full Day Tour: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm | Daily