WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Life Jackets
- Tour Guides (Qualified First Aid)
- Mineral Water
Geographically located in the state of Pahang, Malaysia (03 31N Longitude 101 55 E) ranging from 1500 to 4500 feet above sea level. The climate here serves in between 23″ and 28″ Celsius during the day and below 22″ Celsius in the evenings. A simple Malay kampong or village with a population of approximately 1000 people. Janda Baik is set amidst a small valley bounded by thick rainforest laced together with picturesque streams and cool rushing brooks of waterfalls with. Located approximately 45 km and about an hour’s drive from Kuala Lumpur, the place is popular holiday and recreational destination for city folks, not to mentioned foreign visitors especially global backpackers.
“Janda Baik” means “the good widow” in Malay. As the story is told by local folks, in the old days a path that connects Selangor and Pahang beats its way through the village. It was said that a mercenary, who was returning after fighting in a civil war in Selangor stopped at the village for a rest and to nurse some wounds he had sustained in battle. Upon seeing this ragtag team in the vicinity, a kindly widow immediately offered help and tended to the mercenary’s wounds. The man was thankful and deeply cherished the kindness. As a mark of respect for this kind widow, the leader of the warrior pack would always advise his men to call on the woman whenever they were in the vicinity.
- Participants should note than an adventure trip involves risk. The organizers will not be held responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of participants beyond our control.
- A signed release and Indemnity Form will be required from all participants.
- The organizers reserve the right to alter the departure times, tour paths and other activities based on terrain and weather conditions.
- Please bring your own extra clothing to change, towel and any medication necessary. First Aid kit will be provided by the tour guides.
- Recommended attire is casual t-shirts with long / short pants, sport shoes / sandals, straps for spectacles / goggles and socks.
- You may bring along your personal waterproof camera at your own risk.
- 9:30 am – 1:00 pm | 7 days a week
- Please be at the Kampung Janda Baik river by 9:00 am