- Hotel Transfer within Ipoh town
- All Transportation for duration of the tour
- Mineral water
- Tourist Guide
- Minimum of two (2) pax required to confirm booking
- Maximum of twelve (12) pax allowed per session
- Not suitable for children under four (4) years old
- Please contact the attraction at least one (1) day before to arrange your hotel pickup or meet up point
- Contact information will be provided in your e-Ticket
- Tour Hours: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm | 7 days a week, including school & public holidays
FULL DAY IPOH CULTURE & HERITAGE TOUR
The first part of the tour explores the Ipoh Concubine Lane, the Yasmin Ahmad Museum and Sekeping Kong Heng, to tasting the Ipoh famous thirst quenching “Ais Kepal” at Bits & Bobs and snacking on Ipoh’s Signature “Kacang Putih”.
After lunch, the tour takes you to the Sam Poh Tong Temple – a famous cave temple located in Gunung Rapat. It is said to be the biggest cave temple in the country consists of various statues of Buddha interspersed among the stalactites and stalagmites.
Kek Lok Tong is another popular tourist attraction in Gunung Rapat, it sits on a 12 acre site, comprises a central altar featuring a number of Buddhist figures as well as various deities of the Chinese pantheon. The most unique about the caves is an award winning landscape garden features a jogging path circling two lakes and one of the longest reflexology footpaths in Ipoh.
Finally, explore the Gua Tambun Cave Paintings it has 3,000-year-old cave drawings discovered in 1959 by a British soldier. This cave paintings was declared a national heritage by the Department of National Heritage in 2010. There are seashells and bits of coral reef scattered along the floor, reminiscent of a time when the area had been underwater. The drawings also look exactly like the ones from Australia and Papua New Guinea.
- 8:00 am – Pick-up from designated location
- 8:30 am – Breakfast at local favourite spot (own expenses)
- 9:00 am – Begin Heritage & Cultural Tour comprising of more than 20 points of interest, highlights include Ipoh Concubine Lane, Yasmin Ahmad Museum, Sekeping Kong Heng, try some “Ais Kepal” and Ipoh’s Signature “Kacang Putih”
- 12:00 pm – Stop at local snacks & biscuits shop. Lunch at local favourite spot (own expenses)
- 2:00 pm – Continue Heritage & Cultural Tour visit the Sam Poh Tong Temple, Kek Lok Tong and explore the Gua Tambun Cave Paintings
- 6:00 pm – End of tour and drop off and designated location