WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Hotel Transfer within Kuala Terengganu
- Boat ride to view the fireflies
- Safety equipment and life jackets
- English speaking (basic only) Driver / Guide
If you plan to come Terengganu at least once, then you really should try explore this place
Fireflies Sanctuary – If you plan to come Terengganu at least once, then you really should try explore this place. The main attraction, the beautiful, glowing fireflies have resided here for many years, helping keep the surrounding areas untouched by development to maintain their natural habitat.
The fireflies live among the mangrove trees (known as the Sonneratia Caseolaris or Pokok Berembang) alongside the river, and your guide will help you get the best experience of these natural wonders as they flash at you in the thousands while you paddle your sampan.
Kampung Penarik – This is a quiet, picturesque and exotic fishing. Walk along the fishing village and witness the lifestyle of the fishermen and get a view of traditional Malay houses. Fishing nets are hung out to dry, rows of colourful batik sarongs hang on washing lines while flapping in the gentle sea breeze.
Kampung Penarik is also famous for its seafood – seafood enthusiasts visit here to buy fresh fish, prawns and crabs and sometimes even get one of the local restaurants to cook it right on the spot for the best experience. So, what are you waiting for? Pack your things, book your tickets and come drop by for a visit now.
- 5:00 pm – Meet at hotel lobby or meet up point and transfer to Kg Penarik
- 6:15 pm – Explore Kg Penarik
- 7:15 pm – Picnic dinner by the beach
- 8:00 pm – Visit the fireflies sanctuary by the riverside
- 9:30 pm – End of Tour and return to Hotel