- Hotel Transfer within Langkawi
- 8 seater speedboat with rooftop
- Access to shared kelong platform
- Life Jackets
- Each session is catered for a maximum eight (8) persons
- Minimum of four (4) adults required per session
- Not suitable for children under twelve (12) years old
- Please contact the attraction at least two (2) days before to arrange your hotel pickup or meet up point
- Contact information will be provided in your e-Ticket
- Trip Hours: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm | 7 days a week, including school & public holidays
DAYTIME KELONG FISHING
The kelong you will find in Langkawi was built and is managed by the Fisheries Department of Langkawi. While traditionally constructed with wood, you will find this one with a concrete building that can accommodate around 15 – 20 people. There is also a small simple room where you can rest if required. There is no food provided for this tour, so it is advised to bring along your own packed food and drinks for snacks.
Fishing on a kelong, gives you much more freedom and relaxation compared to fishing on boats. You will be dropped at the kelong to fish for 4 hours. Rods are provided as part of the tour, but you may bring your own too. Handlines can also be provided. Live baits like shrimps and squids will be given (subject to availability) to ensure the best catches. Expect to catch groupers, snappers, gelama, putting damak, catfish and barracuda.
Having an experienced angler in your group is advised to assist in helping guests to bait hooks, remove hooks from fish, tie new lines, remove stuck lines, etc. If required, an experienced guide can be arranged for an additional charge RM 120 per boat (to be paid at the venue).
The departure times to the kelong will vary depending on rising tides and weather conditions.
- A minimum of 4 adults is required to confirm the booking
- It is compulsory to wear life jacket at all times during the tour
- Not suitable for children under 12 years old
- We only engage experienced taikong or boatman who are well versed on good fishing spots around the area
- It is advisable to hire a guide to assist in helping guests to bait hooks, remove hooks from fish, tie new lines, remove stuck lines, etc. for an additional charge of RM 120 per boat
- All fishing trips are inclusive of free return hotel transfers to the jetty (hotel – jetty – hotel)
- Arrangements can be made to send your catches to a local restaurant to be cooked for your dinner
- Frozen packed fish can be arranged, if you wish to take your catch back home after your vacation
- Trip is subjected to suitable sea conditions for better haul/catches.