How long have we been in MCO? EMCO? RMCO? It feels like a never-ending loop of lockdowns and partial restrictions the past whole year.
To be exact, we have been in lockdown for the past 1 year, 3 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days. Or 474 days. Yikes! 😰
With all that lockdown, the daily number of COVID-19 cases are not going down so much. We have been floating amid an average of 5,000 to 6,000 cases a day.
EMCO Announced For Several Areas In Selangor & KL Districts
A week ago, on July 1st 2021, Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that a large part of Selangor and Kuala Lumpur was to be placed under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) from the 3rd of July 2021 to the 16th of July 2021. (Here we go again 😷)
Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri said that the decision was made after a discussion concerning a risk evaluation by the Health Ministry and suggestions by various agencies following the high number of COVID-19 cases reported in Klang Valley over the past several weeks.
What Does The EMCO Mean For Citizens In The Affected Areas?
With the enforcement of the EMCO, citizens were given a list of strict SOP’s to adhere to.
- Roads in areas affected will be closed, patrolled, and guarded by PDRM or the national army.
- Residents are not allowed to leave their homes except in case of emergency or to purchase necessities.
- Only one person from each home can head out to buy necessities within a 10km radius of their homes.
- No one is allowed outside the residential area after 8 pm, except for emergency cases or with permission from PDRM.
- Only essential services (e.g., restaurants, grocery stores, daily necessities stores) can operate from 8 am – 8 pm.
- All sports, social, recreational, and cultural activities are strictly not allowed.
- The Health Ministry will conduct targeted screening tests in selected affected areas.
- The capacity of e-hailing vehicles and taxis is limited to two per vehicle, including the driver.
EMCO Business Operation Hours
Restaurants & Eateries: 8 am – 8 pm
Petrol Stations: 6 am – 8 pm
Convenience stores: 8 am – 8 pm
Pharmacies, Vets, Pet Shops: 8 am- 8 pm
Wholesale Markets: 12 am – 6 am
Areas In Selangor & KL Under The EMCO
- Hulu Langat
- Batu, Rawang
- Hulu Kelang
- Sungai Buloh
- Bukit Raja
- Bestari Jaya
- Tanjung 12(1)
- Tanjung 12(2)
- Teluk Panglima Garang
- Ulu Yam
- Batang Kali
- PPR Sri Semarak
- PPR Batu Muda
- Flat Seksyen 2 Wangsa Maju
- Flat Seksyen 1 Wangsa Maju
- Kampung Padang Balang
- Taman Koperasi Polis
- Flat Sri Sabah
- Kampung Puah
- PPR Kampung Baru Air Panas
- Flat Desa Pandan
- Kampung Batu Muda
- PPR Kerinchi
- Bandar Baru Sentul
- Taman Ikan Emas
While this is a tough decision for many, we hope the EMCO helps bring down the cases soon. Stay safe, everyone!
And if you are looking for something to do during this lockdown or new recipes to try or find ways to relax and recharge, we have the perfect list of blogs to help you out!