This post is about Adventure Cove Waterpark in Sentosa. If you have never heard of the park, itis understandable. It is less popular than its sisters, Universal Studios Singapore and SEA Aquarium. But it is totally different from USS or the aquarium. So, what is Adventure Cove again? Well, it is a water theme park with slides, rides, and so many more exciting stuff. Let us start!
What is Adventure Cove price?
ADVENTURE COVE WATERPARK
How to get to Adventure Cove?
Adventure Cove is located in Sentosa, nearby Universal Studios. There are a few ways to go to Adventure Cove from Harbourfront MRT station. Take Sentosa Express Vivo City Level 3. Get down at Waterfront Station and walk a short distance to Adventure Cove. Take RWS8 bus from Vivo City bus stop (bus stop no 14141), alight at Resort World Sentosa, and walk to Adventure Cove.
What are the opening hours?
Adventure Cove is open from 10 am to 6 pm daily.
Adventure Cove Park Map
What to wear?
You are required to wear appropriate swimwear or cloth as specified in the dress code below. T-shirt and shorts are allowed. Loose items will not be allowed on the rides, so, leave your jewellery, watch and accessories in the lockers.
What to bring?
Other than swimwear, we recommend that you bring:
- Waterproof camera
- Waterproof housing for phone or camera
- Cash or card for locker rental
- Water bottle
- Towel, soap, shampoo
- Waterproof sunscreen
What NOT to bring!
Floats (available for free at the waterpark)
Life jackets (available for free t the waterpark)
Snorkel equipment (available for free at the waterpark)
Outside food and drinks (it’s not allowed)
Adventure Cove Waterpark Singapore – life jacket
The life jackets are provided for free
If you’re like me who expect to find a free locker in Adventure Cove, I’m sorry you’ll be disappointed. There are no free lockers in Adventure Cove. You definitely need to pay for lockers unless your family members are ready to take care of your belongings for you. You can open and close the lockers as many times as you wish. There isn’t a key that you need to wear on your wrist. Instead, you lock the locker with a digital password. At the end of the day, about 6.15-6.30 pm, the staff’s clear everything inside the locker, so, make sure you withdraw your stuff by then.
There are 2 locations where you can find lockers. You’ll find the first one after you pass the entrance, it’s on your left near the toilet and shower. The second one is located in front of Bluewater Bay, the pool that releases wave at certain intervals.
Things To Know
1. Purchase tickets in advance. To save time, purchase these things in advance: admission ticket, Adventure Express (to skip the queues), and if you like you can book the cabana rentals too (private resting place).
2. There are 3 attractions inside Adventure Cove that requires a separate ticket. They are Dolphin Island, Ray Bay and Shark Encounter. These attractions allow you to be near the marine creatures and it’s likely that you won’t forget the experience.
3. Know that there are 3 shower locations in the park. The toilets are located at: just after the entrance, near Bluewater Bay and near Bay Restaurant. If one toilet is full, try other toilets before deciding to queue!
4. Know that there are 2 locker locations in the park.
5. Know what rides are available, and which of them are worth your time.
1. Adventure River | In simple words, this is a lazy river. Basically, all you need to do is just grab a float, sit on it, and let the current of the river brings you around. The most interesting part of this ride has to be the one where you pass through an underwater tunnel!
2. Wet Maze | This ride is pretty hidden because it’s located above the cave. There was no queue when we arrived at this place, so we jumped right into the action. Basically, there are 2 parts. The first one is a maze where you will be splashed with water. After successfully escaping the maze, you can proceed to the second part, which is a 4-course rope obstacle. You definitely need a good balance, a hefty amount of confidence, and zero fear of height.
PS: This is actually a kid-friendly attraction, so if you’re an adult, you should be fine taking this challenge
3. Big Bucket Treehouse | This is probably every kid’s paradise. There are kids slides and buckets of water!
4 & 5. Whirlpool Washout & Spiral Washout | Both Whirpool and Spiral Washout are located on the same platform. You need to carry 8-shaped float up to the platform via a staircase. Whirpool is more popular and has a longer queue than Spiral. They are both not as scary as they look!!
6. Bluwater Bay | It’s a giant wave pool where waves are released every 15 minutes, so wear your life vest or use the float at all times! Oh, the bay is also a great place to sunbathe, catch up with your books or sleep!
7 & 8. Tidal Twister & Pipeline Plunge | Both Tidal Twister and Pipeline Plunge are located on the same platform. You need to carry either a single float or an 8-shaped float up to the platform. Pipeline Plunge is a ride in the dark at high speed, while Tidal Twister is a slightly more relaxed ride compared to the former.
9. Riptide Rocket (Highly Recommended) | Riptide Rocket is more of a rollercoaster and less of a rocket ( a missile shoots up against the gravity!). To ride this, simply join the line and get into the 8-shaped float when you arrive at the front of the line. You don’t need to carry the 8-shaped float, instead, just sit on it,and you’ll be transported up with the travellator. And, get ready to have a hell of a good time!
10. Dueling Racer | If you fancy going down a slide face down, this ride is for you! Bring a blue mat and race down together with your friend. There are 2 lanes so both of you can slide down at the same time and see who reaches the bottom first.
11. Seahorse Hideaway | This is a shallow pool with fountains, made for toddlers.
12. Rainbow Reef (Highly Recommended) | The Rainbow Reef is the highlight of Adventure Cove. It’s what makes Adventure Cove unique. What is it? It’s a very big pool filled with clear water, beautiful corals and so thousands of fish including a baby shark! You can snorkel in the clockwise direction at your own pace! Mask, life vest, and snorkel equipment are provided free of charge. This is the first thing you have to try at Adventure Cove!
13. Splashworks | Here is where you can find many challenging water obstacles such as cliff jump, balancing beam, a tightrope walk, rope wall, and even rock climbing over water! Don’t beat yourself if you can’t complete certain obstacles, cos they are indeed tough!