More than just a place to view butterflies, Entopia has a vision to help people establish connection with nature. According to Joseph, the world’s large-size vertebrates – the elephants, tigers and pandas – get the lion share of the attention, even though they represent just 3% of all animal species. In contrast, invertebrates such as butterflies constitute some 70% of animal species, but very few sanctuaries are devoted to celebrating them. Through Entopia, the voiceless and underappreciated invertebrates get to tell their stories.
Entopia by Penang Butterfly Farm is beautiful and a must-see if you go to Penang, especially if you have kids!
Entopia, the transformed version of Penang Butterfly Farm has began its inception to public since underwent a massive transformation. Sitting on a 9,290 square meters of exhibition space in Teluk Bahang, the north west side of Penang Island, it is one of a few Malaysia’s attraction whereby visitors can buzz with our planet’s denizens from those flying in the sky to those concealing themselves in underground burrows.
It is a perfect place for visitors to mingle around and watch these unnoticed insects or reptiles in our daily life. On top of that, parents can bud and engage with their children in various activities organized here, whilst the children can acquaint and got their interest aroused on entomology (the study of insects). Various interactive educational sections are setup for the kids, and certainly not too late for adults to learn as well. Relive your childhood here!
The park is divided into a 2 main sections – Natureland (outdoor) and Cocoon (Indoor), then separated into a few sub-sections with their own inhabitants
In Natureland, we name a few interesting activities that visitors can buzz with:
- Watch the creepy crawling spider and scorpions just in front of your eyes
- Play with the scorpion on your hand, if he is out for action under supervision of the parks’ staff!
- Witness and experience the release of first flight of Entopia’s farm-bred butterflies
- Return to your childhood times by chasing the grasshoppers and dragonflies, if you are lucky to find them.
- Sneak into the secret wonderland whereby thousand of butterflies dance nonchalantly surrounding yourself and feel the wonderment
In Coccon, you can indulge themselves in:
- Step into the Pandora Forest and enjoy the illuminations.
- Learn and see the history and myths of butterflies.
- Witness how a tiny unnoticed caterpie turns into a beautiful butterfly.
- Relax in the theater and let the parks’ stuff entice the learning part of you.
- Let the fireflies light up your trail
- Imagine the invertebrates live exactly like us in Downtown Entopia.
- Watch those tiny insects living in their habitat
Entopia seems to be greater than the sum of its parts. Having barely mentioned the variety of enclaves, activities and spaces on offer, it has already acquired the following of many. Set to add to the increasing effort to protect and preserve Penang’s often overrun natural ecosystem, it will endure in the hearts of more.
What are you waiting for? Visit this amazing magical oasis now! Get your hassle free tickets and skip the queue with Tripcarte.asia. Book your tickets at: